Local is a casual dining and drinking establishment (Local Kitchen and Bar) and a midsized event center (Local Events). Local Kitchen and Bar consists of 124 seats (108 at tables and 16 at the bar) and serves well-crafted versions of comfort foods in a notably friendly environment. Local Events can accommodate parties from 10 to 220 people and contains two bars, intelligent lighting and sound.
Vision, Mission, Goal and Values
VISION (What the future will look like): To be THE kitchen table of our community; a notably comfortable place where friends gather regularly for exceptional everyday food, drink and camaraderie.
MISSION (What we will focus on from the outset): To provide consistent comfort to our patrons by delivering especially well-crafted interpretations of everyday foods in an authentically welcoming environment.
GOAL: (A material aspiration that is easily understood by all): To be viewed as one of the region’s best restaurants.
- Integrity: Food and supplies to be sourced with the highest priority on quality, locality, sustainability and craftsmanship.
- Accessibility: Local will be comfortable to a broad range of patrons because the types of food and beverages will be easily recognized and priced at a point that feels fair.
- Authenticity: Local will affirmatively seek to build lasting relationships with guests by hiring staff who are genuinely interested in connecting with people.
- Responsibility: Local will be an engaged participant in the vibrancy of our community through charitable involvement in local initiatives.
- Collegiality: Local will seek to create a rewarding workplace for our staff on a financial and personal level.
RESERVATIONS:LOCAL Kitchen and Bar currently accepts a limited number of reservations every dining period, including Friday and Saturday, for parties of two to twelve guests. For parties larger than 12, please contact Kayleigh WATERMAN, at the restaurant: 248.291.5650. Be aware that specific requests for particular tables cannot always be accommodated and reservations will only be held for 20 minutes. Additionally: walk-in guests are always welcome at LOCAL Kitchen & Bar, and we maintain an inventory of tables for that purpose each and every dining period.